Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All this and an ISBN too


I just learned that my chapbook submission to Pudding House's annual chapbook contest is a finalist, which means that they are going to publish it.  This is a breakthrough for me.  The weird thing is, now that I am at last going to have a chapbook out there, what crosses my mind mainly is that I know so many poets who have at least one chapbook published.  It reminds me of how I felt getting my doctorate nearly 30 years ago:  before I achieved it, the Ph.D. seemed so far off and wonderful, the sign of entering another plan of existence; once I had it, it seemed that everyone I knew had one.  I think that there is some external truth to this:  when you're aspiring, you tend to spend time with others going after the same thing; once you've succeeded, you continue to tend to spend time with people interested in the same activity. 
Anyhow, the chapbook is entitled "Eggs Satori", and I am told it will be coming out in the first half of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment